VERDALA HMNZT 13
Built in 1913 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow for Gow Harrison & Co., Glasgow, Cargo steamship, Gt:5880, L:129,08m. B:1707m. D:8,70m. triple expansion engine:537 nhp. 11 kn.
14 December 1914 in conjuction with convoy ships WILLOCHRA (HMNZT 14) and KNIGHT OF THE GARTER (HMNZT 15) departed New Zealand with 2nd Reinforcements NZ Expeditionary Force and steamed for Western Australia.
28 December assembled with fleet of the Second Convoy, departing for the Northern Hemisphere 31 December 1914.
28 January 1915 arrived Egypt.
1917 owned by Prince Line, London (Furness Withy) renamed MONGOLIAN PRINCE
1928 owned by Atlantska Plovidba Ivo racic, Dubrovnik, renamed ISTOK ( or ISTOCK)
1928 owned by Jugoslavenski Lloyd, Dubrovnik.
1940 owned by Crest Shipping Co Ltd. (Ivanovic & Co), London, renamed MAYCREST, 4th August 1944 scuttled as a blockship in position Gooseberry No.2 Omaha Beach Normandy
(Jamaica 1919, 1½ d. StG.not mentioned) Ships on Stamps7 + internet.
The full index of our ship stamp archive
2 posts • Page 1 of 1