Built in 1898 by Werft Blasewitz, Dresden for Sächsische Dampfschiffahrts GmbH, Dresden as KÖNIG ALBERT.
Side wheel river steamer, displacement:241 tons, L:57,10m. B:10,40m. Draught:0,78m./1,14m. Cornish boiler, 2 cyl. oscillating compound steam engine with condensation:140 hp. built by Deutsche Elbschiffahrtsgeselschaft Uebigau Werken.
9 km/h upstream, 15 km/h downstream, pass:269.
1914 electric light is installed, 1919 name changed to PIRNA.
1928 - 1929 major reconstruction, with new paddle boxes, white paint scheme and the replacement of the wooden buckets with steel paddle wheels.
1960 - 1961 a small salon is added on the front-deck
1972 the steamer is taken out of service, following a fire in the coal bunker
1973 the ship returns to service, following repairs
1990 the ship is taken out service again, this time due to a defective boiler
1993 - 1994 complete refurbishment and historically accurate reconstruction.
(Germany 2011, €0,40, private stamp)
Internet + Historic Ships, Norman J. Brouwer.
The full index of our ship stamp archive
1 post • Page 1 of 1