Join the Ship Stamp Society and get 6 issues of LogBook for just £12!


The Ship Stamp Society website has has a facelift. Click HERE to take a look at our new improved website where you can view past Editions of LogBook and subscribe to get full access to future editions for just £12 per year!

THE SHIP STAMP SOCIETY

Ship Stamp Society

LILY (G.B.)

The full index of our ship stamp archive

LILY (G.B.)

Postby D. v. Nieuwenhuijzen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:43 pm

lily.jpg
lily.jpg (9.61 KiB) Viewed 595 times
Click image to view full size
Possibly built in the early 1870s, Lily arrived in 1886 onboard the SELEMBRIA as one of a pair of raft boats. The other was later converted into the SAXON. Bob Cull converted the LILY into a cutter for the Duncan family on Beaver Island. During the 1970’s she was owned by the Falkland Islands’ Government dentist, Robert Watson, who sailed her to West Falkland one winter to tend the dental needs of the residents of West Falkland. Onboard LILY was the famous Dentist’s Chair which is now on display in the Stanley Museum. The current owner, Zachary Stephenson, was the last of many owners to sail her and today, after over a century afloat, she lies beached at the Canache, at the eastern end of Stanley Harbour.

(Falkland Islands 2019, 31 p. StG.?
Internet.)
D. v. Nieuwenhuijzen
 
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Return to Ship Stamps Collection

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google [Bot] and 61 guests