ARRC AUTONOMOUS RESCUE AND RECOVERY CRAFT

The full index of our ship stamp archive
aukepalmhof

ARRC AUTONOMOUS RESCUE AND RECOVERY CRAFT

Post by aukepalmhof » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:34 pm

Type: ARRC - Autonomous Rescue and Recovery Craft SERVICE: Rescue Boats.
Designed by Amgram Ltd. West Sussex, U,K, and built by Delta ARC, Stockport, U.K. for BP “Jigsaw Program, North Sea.
Dim. 18.80 x 4.00m.
Powered by twin Caterpillar diesel engines Model C18, each 746 kW (1,000 hp), which power twin Hamiltonjet Model HM521 waterjets. Speed 35 knots.
Constructed GRP with solid foam fenders.
After completed used in BP’s North Sea oil platform operations.

Eight of the world’s largest RIBs form an integral part of a new rescue initiative for BP’s North Sea oil platform operations. The 19m vessels, powered by twin HJ521 waterjets, operate in conjunction with other emergency services to enhance BP’s rescue and recovery capabilities. The Delta ARRC (Autonomous Rescue & Recovery Craft) was designed specifically for Operation Jigsaw, an initiative that replaces dedicated standby safety vessels with integrated air and seaborne cover system of platform-based and shore-based helicopters and Regional Support Vessel (RSV). Three RSVs are stationed in designated marine regions, with a fourth providing back up and relief. Two ARRCs are carried on each RSV, although they have the ability to operate independently of the mothership. The ARRCs have a crew of six, including a paramedic, and are capable of housing 21 survivors. Facilities allow for essential triage and basic lifesaving treatments, while in more serious cases the injured can be airlifted from the clear aft deck. With a pair of 1,000hp Caterpillar engines Autonomous Rescue Craft Fit Well into BP’s North Sea Jigsaw couple to HM521 waterjets via carbon fiber shafts, the ARRC is capable of over 35 knots and safe operation in up to 7m wave height. The bridge utilizes triple station HamiltonJet MECS electronic controls, with each wing station fitted with a 3-axis joystick to improve close-quarters maneuvering during rescue situations and when operating alongside the mothership. Delta has built many vessels using HamiltonJet waterjets for the UK MOD, Police and Coast Guard, Rescue services, and commercial operators.

Source: https://www.hamiltonjet.com/
Maldives 2013 Rf 20 sg?, scott?
Attachments
Arrc+07+alastair++++27-3-2011++XX.jpg
2013 ARRC AUTONOMOUS RESCUE  (3).jpg

petecc

Re: ARRC AUTONOMOUS RESCUE AND RECOVERY CRAFT

Post by petecc » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:34 am

Following my message to the ATA Ships Group in 2016 I can confirm that the ARRC vessels have now been taken over by the UK Border Force and several are based at Dover to intercept illegal migrants who are crossing the English Channel from France to try and get into the UK. 6 of the vessels have been renamed:-

HMC ACTIVE
HMC ALERT
HMC EAGLE
HMC HUNTER
HMC NIMROD
HMC SPEEDWELL

I notice in Auke’s post that he has used one of my photographs that I posted to the ATA group.
Peter C