Built in 1924 by North of Ireland Shipbuilding Co., Londonderry, #96, for Cie. Havraise Peninsulaire (Messageries Maritimes) Le Havre.
Cargo/passenger ship, Gt:7142, displacement:13,800 tons, loading capacity:9,300 tons, L;131m. B:16.40m. coalfired Bauer Wach steam engine:4400 hp. 13.5 kn. Pass. 1st class:32, 2nd class:58, tweendeck:478.
Sisterships VILLE DE VERDUN and VILLE DE STRASBOURG.
1928: Messageries Maritimes. 1935: Transferred to the Panama canal route. 02-09-1940: British Ministry of War Transport, reg. Liverpool. Taken over at Papeete and operated as a troopship under Clan Line management.1945 Oct 29: Resumed passenger service. 1953 Feb.: Went to ship breakers at La Seyne.
(French Polynesia 2020 190 Fr. StG.?)
The full index of our ship stamp archive
1 post • Page 1 of 1