TRADER

The full index of our ship stamp archive
Post Reply
aukepalmhof
Posts: 7347
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:28 am

TRADER

Post by aukepalmhof » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:56 pm

TRADER: She was built under yard No. 1097 by A.B.Lindholmes Varv., Gothenburg, Sweden for Charente S.S. Co. Ltd.
23 September 1966 launched under the name TRADER.
Tonnage 6,448 gross, 3,292 net, 7,925 dwt. Dim. 116.13 x 18.07 x 8.08m., length bpp. 116.13m.
Powered by two 8-cyl. Lindholmens-Pielstick diesel engines 6,400 shp. geared to one shaft, speed 17 knots.
Four holds and could carry heavy cargo with a weight of 70 tons in the two main hatches, which could be loaded/discharged by a Stulcken derrick of 70 ton.
September 1966 completed.

After completion put in the heavy lift service from Europe to Central America of the Harrison Lines, the managers of the vessel.

March 1980 sold to Hongleong-Seatrain Shipping, Singapore, renamed in BANGPRA-IN (some sources given as BANGPA-IN.
1983 Sold to Thai Mercantile Marine Ltd., Thailand, renamed PICHIT SAMUT.
23 December 1983 sailed from Kobe, Japan for her last voyage to Bangkok.
Arrived circa 11 January 1986 at Rayong, Thailand for breaking up.

Turks and Caicos Islands 1997 in border on the right side.

Source: Marine News 1983/607. Register of Merchant ships completed in 1966. Merchant Fleets, Thos. And Jos. Harrison. Merchant Ships World Built Vol. XV 1967.
Attachments
SG490ms (Large).jpg

Post Reply