SHIP STAMP SOCIETY

SHIP STAMP SOCIETY

Interested in Ships and Stamps? The Ship Stamp Society is an international society and publishes it’s journal, Log Book, six time a year.

The editor of Log book will retire this coming August and, unless a new one comes forward, the society will close.
With this in mind, we are not taking in any new members.
This is an unfortunate situation but seemingly unavoidable.
$post_attachment_names[$j]

LILY (G.B.)

The full index of our ship stamp archive

LILY (G.B.)

Postby D. v. Nieuwenhuijzen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:43 pm

lily.jpg
lily.jpg (9.61 KiB) Viewed 15 times
Click image to view full size
Possibly built in the early 1870s, Lily arrived in 1886 onboard the SELEMBRIA as one of a pair of raft boats. The other was later converted into the SAXON. Bob Cull converted the LILY into a cutter for the Duncan family on Beaver Island. During the 1970’s she was owned by the Falkland Islands’ Government dentist, Robert Watson, who sailed her to West Falkland one winter to tend the dental needs of the residents of West Falkland. Onboard LILY was the famous Dentist’s Chair which is now on display in the Stanley Museum. The current owner, Zachary Stephenson, was the last of many owners to sail her and today, after over a century afloat, she lies beached at the Canache, at the eastern end of Stanley Harbour.

(Falkland Islands 2019, 31 p. StG.?
Internet.)
D. v. Nieuwenhuijzen
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Return to Ship Stamps Collection

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 105 guests

cron