MV Maltese Prince

General chat about ship stamps and this site
tileshop

MV Maltese Prince

Post by tileshop » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:06 am

Hi Jim,
I was so interested to read about the Maltese on this web site. All the details are so correct , I was an officer aboard her in the 50s.

I wonder if you could tell me where I could buy a couple of the stamps featuring the maltese ( 40 mils) and the year it came into use.

Sorry that I know nothing of the stamp world.
Many thanks,

Mike Bamber

Jim
Site Admin

Re: MV Maltese Prince

Post by Jim » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:01 am

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum. I split your post off into a new topic as you had replied to the posting instructions and this should give it more visibility.

Unfortunately I am just the site admin and I am not a stamp expert, but I am sure someone will be along to reply soon.

I also removed your email address from public view, as posting email addresses in public will cause you to receive more spam. If you click the "subscribe to topic" button at the bottom of this page then you will receive an email when someone replies.

Jim

john sefton

Re: MV Maltese Prince

Post by john sefton » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:47 am

Hi Mike,
This is not an expensive stamp and is available at stamp fairs or ebay. If you don't want that trouble I will sell you my copy for £1.50 and I can replace it when I attend the next fair. On the other hand, if you would like a print of the stamp I can copy you one up and post it to you.
Hope you enjoy the site,
John