Groninger boltjalk, built in 1915 by the yard Gebroeders Grol, Veendam as a freighter under the name DRIE GEBROEDERS.
The ship carried mainly straw and peat for the cardboard factory in Dortmund (Germany) and then coal back to the Netherlands.
For the owner and his family with 10 children was the deckhouse too small and therefore there were many berths made in the forecastle.
In 1939, the wife of the owner, who was now a widow, sold the ship to the transport en trading company Spieker & Elfering, Zutphen, at this company has the ship sailed long and renovated several times.
In 1965 the ship gets a new owner from Geertruidenberg, shortened from 24m. to 20,71m. by Nederlof, Raamsdonkveer. Sold to a German owner, renamed SIËSTA.
The SIËSTA has undergone substantial alterations.
In 1978 sold to the current owner in Arnemuiden (Zeeland, Netherlands) as houseboat.
(Netherlands 2016, sheet 5x1) ship left of the mill
The full index of our ship stamp archive
1 post • Page 1 of 1