Sigurlaug Jónasdóttir (1913-2004) painting

The full index of our ship stamp archive
aukepalmhof

Sigurlaug Jónasdóttir (1913-2004) painting

Post by aukepalmhof » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:35 pm

Only one stamp of this set issued by Iceland shows us a watercraft, of which I have not any information. The painting is made by Sigurlaug Jónasdóttir (1913-2004), and she made paintings with a story, so I believe behind this painting is also a story. Which I could not find on the internet, who can help?

By this stamps is given by the Icelandic Post:

The story of Icelandic art is relatively short, but it is surprisingly diverse. Not long ago a new side to that story was brought to light, namely the art of self-taught individuals, so-called naive or outsider artists. In Iceland, this art manifests itself as an extension of a strong vernacular narrative tradition. This kind of art can neither be taught nor learned, and it does not coalesce into a tradition in the ordinary sense. The oldest of these Icelandic naive artists is Sölvi Helgason (1820-1895), a vagabond, who paid farmers for board and lodging with colorful „portraits“ of his hosts. Ísleifur Konráðsson (1889-1972) began to paint pictures of great charm featuring the landscapes of his youth. Karl Dunganon (1897-1972) turned his life experiences into pictures with dream-like or terrifying imagery. Sigurlaug Jónasdóttir (1913-2004) began to paint narrative pictures of life in the west coast islands, where she hails from.

https://www.wopa-plus.com/en/stamps/product/&pgid=4137
Icelandic 2010 50 g sg?, scott?
Attachments
painting boat.jpg
2010 fishing boat.jpg