In 1865, after numerous complaints from captains and shipowners about the difficulties of access to the Danube between Isaccea and the Black Sea, a new inspection and surveillance service was set up.
Two vessels are ordered from an English shipyard in South Shields. PRINCIPELE MJHAI (Prince Michel) and PRINTUL FERDINAND AL ROMANIEI (Prince Ferdinand of Romania) were built in 1897. Tonnage 102 grt. Dimensions 29.87 x 4.9 x 2.95m. 200 hp engine, speed 12 knots.
http://maitres-du-vent.blogspot.com/201 ... n-par.html
It is given that the PRINTUL FERDINAND AL ROMANIEI is depicted on the stamp, she was built as an inspection vessel under yard No 179 by JP Rennoldson & Sons Ltd., in South Shields for the European Commission of the Danube.
14 June 1897 launched as the PRINCE FERDINAND DE ROUMANIA.
Tonnage 86 grt, 15 nrt, 98.0 x 16.1 x 9.8ft.
One triple 3-cyl. steam=engine, 48nhp, one shaft, speed?
Used as inspection and survey vessels on the Danube River,
The fate of the vessel is not known.
http://www.tynebuiltships.co.uk/P-Ships ... e1897.html
Romania 1981 1l sg4621, Scott?
The full index of our ship stamp archive
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 1981 Surveillance-Vessel (2).jpg (104.79 KiB) Viewed 112 times