Built as a frigate under yard no175 byHowaldtswerke-DW, Kiel, Germany for the Colombia Navy.
17 March 1981 laid down.
06 January 1982 launched as ARC ALMIRANTE PADILLA (FM-51)
Displacement 2,300 ton, dim. 95.30 x 11.30 x 3.40m (draught).
Powered by 4 MTU M-1163TB92 diesels 23,400 hp, 17,400 kW, speed 27 knots.
Range by 14 knots, 8,000 miles.
Armament: 4:SAM mistral Sinbad missiles.
1 Mount oto melata strales 76mm/62.
1 Double mount Breda 40mm/70.
6 torpedoes 324mm MK32.
1 CSEE Dagate Double mount.
1 Aircraft MBB BO 105 CB, ASW.
31 October 1983 completed.
The ARC ALMIRANTE PADILLA (FM-51) is the third ship with this name in the Navy of the Republic of Colombia . She is a type FS-1500 frigate built at the Howaldtswerke shipyard in Kiel , Germany . She is the first of four missile frigates acquired under the Neptune plan.It was incorporated in October 1983 and since then it has crossed the maritime territory, and has collaborated to preserve life at sea, to control illicit traffic and has contributed to the preservation of natural resources for the benefit of the nation.
The frigate is named after the most distinguished Colombian naval hero Admiral José Prudencio Padilla, one of the most famous Colombian naval officers who participated in the war of independence.
In 2010, the corvette was repowered at the docks of the ARC Bolívar naval base, work carried out by Cotecmar.
New systems were installed to replace outdated ones. Among the systems to be replaced and the new ones installed are:
• The SMART-S Mk2 Radar that replaces the Sea Tiger TSR-3004 radar.
• The TACTICOS combat system that replaces the VEGA II combat system.
• The STING-EO Mk2 fire director that replaces the CASTOR 2B fire director.
• The MIRADOR shooting director that replaces the CANOPUS shooting director.
• The ESM VIGILE system that replaces the ESM DR3000 system.
• The SKSW DL-12T Chaff/Decoy launcher replacing the CSEE DAGAIE Mk2 launcher.
• MTU M-93 Series 4000 engines replace the MTU 1163TB92 engines.
• Likewise, the communications systems were modernized with the incorporation of DataLink, Inmarsat, GMDSS 2
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARC_Almir ... la_(FM-51)
Colombia 2023 $20,000 sg?, Scott?
The full index of our ship stamp archive
1 post • Page 1 of 1