Built in 1929 by Werft Laubegast, Dresden, for the Sächsische Dampfschifffahrts GmbH, Dresden.
Sidewheel river steamer, displacement:397 tons, L:70,10m. B:6,90m./12,90m. Draft:0,78m./0,89m. Lancashire boiler, 2 cyl. diagonal compound steam engine:350 hp.
10-14 km/h upstream, 12-20 km/h downstream pass:441.
Used during the war as a hospital ship, 1945 partially burnt out and sunk, following the bombings of Dresden in March, December raised and repair, '47 reconstruction completed and re-enters service in June'47, '77 reconstruction work on the front salon as well as new interior fittings, '88 installation of a new boiler, '92-'93 complete refurbishment and historically accurate reconstruction of the vessel is completed, the steamer re-enters service once again.
(Germany 2011, €0,40, private stamp)
Internet + Historic Ships, Norman J. Brouwer
The full index of our ship stamp archive
2 posts • Page 1 of 1